Do you need veneers from your Glenview, IL?
People want that Hollywood smile and, with veneers, it's possible! This popular cosmetic treatment provides staggeringly beautiful tooth color, shape, and proper alignment. Available from Colonial Dental Group's Glenview office, porcelain dental appliances are strong, economically friendly, and aesthetically appealing—read on to learn more about what they can do for you!
More about veneers
Veneers are wafer-thin coverings that are cemented over your natural teeth to hide dental imperfections. Made of super-strong, natural-appearing porcelain material, veneers are durable, aesthetically pleasing, and unlike natural enamel, stain-proof.
Treatment begins with your Glenview dentist removing some enamel off the surface of your teeth to ensure that the veneers will end up fitting perfectly. After that, molds of your teeth are sent to a dental lab where veneers will be created to the specifics of your teeth. Once the restorations are created, they are sent back to our office where they will be permanently affixed to your teeth, thus creating your new, amazing smile!
Porcelain veneers do the following:
- Improve Color: If your teeth have been stained from foods, drinks, smoking, or aging, veneers can turn your smile from dull to dazzling!
- Change the Size and Shape of Teeth: Whether it's from tooth-grinding habits, everyday wear-and-tear, or dental trauma, if you have worn down teeth, they could greatly benefit from a veneer makeover.
- Improving the Alignment and Spacing: Veneers close small gaps between teeth and make slight alignment corrections.
It's important to note here that not everyone is initially a good candidate for veneers. If, for example, your teeth are severely misaligned or have large gaps between them, you may need to consider orthodontics before pursuing veneer treatment
Caring for your veneers
Veneer maintenance is simple, and only necessitates:
- Gentle brushing and flossing every day to remove plaque.
- Attending regular checkups and professional dental cleanings.
- An aversion to biting into hard food, like taffy and apples.
- Using a custom-made night guard to protect your veneers.
If you are interested in undergoing veneer treatment, call (847) 729-2233 to set up an appointment with Dr. Alexander Quezada!