Change the Look of Your Smile with Veneers
You too can have the perfect smile with these beautiful porcelain restorations.
Getting dental veneers is one of the easiest and quickest ways to truly enhance and reshape your smile in just two visits. Our Glenview, IL, dentists pride themselves on being able to give you the smile you weren’t born with but want. Find out the many issues that dental veneers can address.
You may be an ideal candidate for dental veneers if you are looking to:
- Close up small gaps between teeth
- Correct minor crowding or crookedness
- Improve the color, shape or size of your teeth
- Strengthen a tooth that is worn down from teeth grinding or from multiple fillings
Dental veneers may not be the best cosmetic restoration for your smile if you:
- Eat a lot of extremely hard or sticky foods, as this can potentially damage or pull off veneers
- Play sports without wearing a mouthguard
- Don’t maintain good oral hygiene
- Have active and untreated gum disease or decay (these issues will need to be treated before you get veneers)
- Use your teeth as tools
- Don’t wear a night guard every night but are a teeth grinder or jaw clencher
In order to get dental veneers, our Glenview cosmetic dentist will need to make sure that your teeth are healthy enough for this restoration and that you are willing to maintain your new smile and care for them properly. Remember, some tooth enamel will need to be filed down in order to accommodate your veneers, so this procedure cannot be reversed. This means you’ll need to be fully ready and willing to have veneers for life.
Of course, veneers offer so many benefits. You can still maintain strong healthy teeth while getting a smile that is whiter, straighter and more attractive. Veneers are also made from stain-resistant porcelain, which is a very durable material. And no one will even know you are wearing veneers because the porcelain used is translucent, just like real teeth. You will be amazed at the results!
If dental veneers are what you’ve been looking for to finally give you the ideal smile then Colonial Dental Group in Glenview, IL, can help. To find out if you are right for these restorations just pick up the phone and give us a call. We would be happy to schedule a consultation with you at your convenience.