My Dentistry Blog
Posts for: July, 2020
Straightening your teeth is easy. You may have thought it needed to be done during your early adolescent years but if you're an older teenager or adult, it's not too late. Your dentist, Dr. Alexander Quezada, of Colonial Dental Group in Glenview IL, has the solution: Invisalign.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign clear aligners work by applying gentle forces to teeth to move them into their right position. The flexible plastic is custom-made using specialized computer software called CAD/CAM.
Trays are replaced every two weeks as your teeth begin moving to their proper position but you must wear them about 20 to 22 hours/day for about nine months. You shouldn't remove the trays except to eat, and brush and floss. You, of course, can take them off for interviews, or other occasions, but that's unnecessary because they're transparent.
Note that your Glenview dentist is the one who can tell you how long the procedure will take and if it's the best option for you. If you have severe misalignment, traditional braces may be a better option.
Advantages of Invisalign
- It's quite obvious that this transparent oral appliance is suitable for young adults and older teens who don't want a mouth full of metal. That's why your Glenview dentist recommends it.
- Invisalign also works great for people who suffer from teeth-grinding at night because it can work as a nightguard to prevent damage to teeth.
- Clear aligners are custom-made to fit over teeth, so you don't have to deal with the discomfort of metal wires irritating soft tissue.
- The trays are removable so cleaning teeth is easier, unlike other oral appliances that trap food in metal wires and cause decay because they're not cleaned properly.
- Special eruption tabs create more space for molars that have not fully grown in.
- Compliance indicators built into the aligner material ensures trays are worn properly to maximize effectiveness.
Who to contact?
Contact dentist Dr. Alexander Quezada, of Colonial Dental Group at their Glenview IL office by calling (847) 729-2233 today!