My Dentistry Blog
Invisalign could help you or your teen achieve that perfectly straight smile.
Most of us deal with some sort of alignment issues as our permanent teeth start to erupt; however, perhaps your pediatric dentist told you to simply wait it out to see if your teeth shifted into the right position on their own and they never did. A shocking 35 percent of young adults feel embarrassed by their mouth and teeth, states the American Dental Association. Fortunately, our Glenview, IL, dentist Dr. Alexander Quezada offers a clear orthodontic system called Invisalign.
Invisalign is a set of custom-created clear aligners that fit over your upper or lower teeth to shift teeth into place. Each aligner has been created based on dental images taken of the patient’s mouth. Our Glenview, IL, dentist will use computer software to map out your treatment plan and to be able to determine which teeth will need to move around and exactly how much to achieve the results you want.
Invisalign can correct a wide range of minor to more serious “bad bites” and dental problems including,
Why People Are Choosing Invisalign
So, why Invisalign? If you are a teen or adult who is considering whether to get braces here in Glenview, IL, you’ll be happy to hear that you don’t have to wear visible metal braces to get the smile you’ve always wanted. Invisalign is a completely clear alternative that you can also remove, making it easier to brush, floss, and eat what you want without restriction. Plus, you can rest assured that you can wear your Invisalign aligners and still feel confident around colleagues and while presenting to coworkers.
Invisalign is also a very convenient way for our patients to straighten their teeth. Since aligners do not require any sort of adjustments, you won’t need to come into our office nearly as much for checkups. Most patients will only need to come in every 4-6 weeks to check progress and to make sure that teeth are shifting as expected.
Isn’t it time that you stopped feeling self-conscious about your smile? If so, it’s time to talk with our Glenview, IL, family dentists about Invisalign. Schedule a consultation with Colonial Dental Group by calling (847) 729-2233.
If you are not feeling as confident as you would like about your smile, dental crowns could be the answer you’ve been looking for. They are a great way to improve discolored, chipped, or misshapen teeth. Dr. Alexander Quezada and Dr. Danielle Duarte are dentists at Colonial Dental Group in Glenview, IL. They are dedicated to providing all their patients with impeccable dental treatments including dental crowns.
How You Can Benefit from Dental Crowns
Glenview dental patients can enjoy the following advantages of dental crowns:
- Restore the integrity of your teeth: Dental crowns can be used to strengthen teeth that have been weakened by decay or large fillings. They can be attached to bridged or dental implants to replace lost teeth. Crowns are also used after a root canal to prevent further infection in a treated tooth.
- Enhancing your smile: Dental crowns brighten your smile and boost your confidence. Because porcelain crowns look perfectly natural, they are most often used to improve the look of the front teeth. No one can tell they are not your own natural teeth.
- Restoring oral function: If you have teeth that are chipped or cracked, eating can be difficult. When your teeth are restored with crowns you can eat with ease and confidence without having to worry about avoiding certain foods.
- Whitening your smile: If you have teeth that are heavily stained or darkened due to medication or root canal therapy, teeth whitening can’t help. However, you can restore the natural whiteness of your teeth with dental crowns.
If you live in or around Glenview and you would like to find out more about dental crowns and how they can help your smile, call Dr. Quezada or Dr. Duarte at 847-729-2233, to schedule an appointment. He can help you achieve the smile you deserve.
When the shape, size, and strength of a tooth changes or is damaged, a dental crown can restore it. At Colonial Dental Group, our dentists use sophisticated CEREC processes to crown a compromised tooth in a single visit to our Glenview, IL, office. See how Dr. Alexander Quezada and Dr. Danielle Duarte accomplish this.
Keep your tooth
There's nothing like a real tooth. So, if you have deep decay, dental abscess, or fractured and missing enamel, you need to do what you can to keep your tooth. At Colonial Dental Group in Glenview, IL, your dentist offers many restorative procedures. With extensive damage, he or she may advise crowning your tooth.
A crown replaces the missing or injured portions of your tooth above the gum line. Made of superior-quality porcelain, a crown imitates your original tooth's bite, color, and shape. Cemented over your tooth, a crown provides protection, oral function, and excellent smile aesthetics for years to come. Crowns also finish root canal therapy and restore today's best tooth replacements--dental implants.
What is CEREC?
Available from your dentist at the Glenview, IL, office, a CEREC crown is designed, created, and fitted chairside in under two hours. After a qualifying exam, Dr. Quezada or Dr. Duarte skims off the dental damage and filling material, creating a suitable foundation for the crown.
The dentist takes digital impressions with an intra-oral camera and uses this information to design the crown with CAD/CAM processes. CAD/CAM means computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing. The CEREC apparatus takes over and mills your crown for about 20 minutes.
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic. This revolutionary process saves you time and produces a superior quality product. It also creates partial crowns (inlays and onlays), bridgework, veneers, and more.
Home care for your crown
Healthline outlines simple ways to care for your crown:
- Floss carefully around your crown every day.
- Brush twice a day. Consider using a dental sensitivity toothpaste.
- Use a bite guard if you grind your teeth.
- Do not chew ice, peanut brittle, or other super-dense foods. Never use your teeth to open bottles or packages.
- See your dentist semi-annually for a check-up and professional cleaning.
Enjoy your renewed smile
At Colonial Dental Group, our dental team treats each patient as an individual with unique needs. We want you to have the best possible smile for life. Crowns are just one of our many states of the art services.
If you have a worrisome tooth, please contact our Glenview, IL, office for a consultation with one of our dentists. Dr. Quezada or Dr. Duarte will be happy to detail your options. Call (847) 729-2233.
Are you curious as to why Glenview dental implants are such a unique tooth replacement option?
If you are an adult who is missing one or more teeth, you may have had a dental implant placed. Many people choose to get dental implants because they offer a host of amazing benefits that no other tooth replacement options seem to offer. Even though these implants are very durable, over time they will need repairs. That's where your Glenview IL dentist Dr. Alexander Quezada comes in. Contact Colonial Dental Group today about an implant correction.
Just Like Real Teeth
To understand the dental implant repair process, you must first know how an implant works and what they are.
Dental implants look, feel, and even function just like real teeth. That’s because an implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into the jawbone where it becomes a permanent part of the mouth.
Implants carry a very high success rate, and once they naturally fuse with the jawbone, they can last a lifetime. The only thing you need to do is make sure that you are practicing oral hygiene and visiting your Glenview IL dentist every six months so they can clean your teeth and check your dental implant to make sure that it’s healthy. If something is off with your implant, a repair is in order.
Why Does My Implant Need a Repair?
There a few reasons that your implant isn't working how it should:
- There wasn't enough jawbone in place to fully support the implant
- The implant was placed wrong
- An abundance of dental cement was used when placing the crown
How Does My Glenview Dental Implants Expert Repair My Implant?
Dr. Alexander Quezada will start your appointment by evaluating your implant. He can quickly determine what is wrong and the best course of action. If the problem is with the dental crown, a new one can be placed. If complications are due to bone loss, a specific course of action is decided. Everything depends on you and your specific needs.
Need a Glenview Dental Implant Repair? Call Us
If you are already sporting a dental implant here in Glenview IL, you want a dental team that can provide you with the care you need to keep your smile healthy. Whether you need to replace the crown on your implant or simply need a routine cleaning, call Colonial Dental Group today at (847) 729-2233 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Alexander Quezada.
Straightening your teeth is easy. You may have thought it needed to be done during your early adolescent years but if you're an older teenager or adult, it's not too late. Your dentist, Dr. Alexander Quezada, of Colonial Dental Group in Glenview IL, has the solution: Invisalign.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign clear aligners work by applying gentle forces to teeth to move them into their right position. The flexible plastic is custom-made using specialized computer software called CAD/CAM.
Trays are replaced every two weeks as your teeth begin moving to their proper position but you must wear them about 20 to 22 hours/day for about nine months. You shouldn't remove the trays except to eat, and brush and floss. You, of course, can take them off for interviews, or other occasions, but that's unnecessary because they're transparent.
Note that your Glenview dentist is the one who can tell you how long the procedure will take and if it's the best option for you. If you have severe misalignment, traditional braces may be a better option.
Advantages of Invisalign
- It's quite obvious that this transparent oral appliance is suitable for young adults and older teens who don't want a mouth full of metal. That's why your Glenview dentist recommends it.
- Invisalign also works great for people who suffer from teeth-grinding at night because it can work as a nightguard to prevent damage to teeth.
- Clear aligners are custom-made to fit over teeth, so you don't have to deal with the discomfort of metal wires irritating soft tissue.
- The trays are removable so cleaning teeth is easier, unlike other oral appliances that trap food in metal wires and cause decay because they're not cleaned properly.
- Special eruption tabs create more space for molars that have not fully grown in.
- Compliance indicators built into the aligner material ensures trays are worn properly to maximize effectiveness.
Who to contact?
Contact dentist Dr. Alexander Quezada, of Colonial Dental Group at their Glenview IL office by calling (847) 729-2233 today!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.